Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Delicious Eggplant

My friend Gabbie gave me this delicious eggplant recipe, and shared a great tip for a website where you can find recipes for anything! Yum!

"INGREDIENTS:

* 1 eggplant, cubed in spall pieces
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 medium onion, finely minces
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger, or powdered
* 1 large tomato - minced
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or chili pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* ground black pepper to taste
* 1 cube or 1 tblsp of Veggie Boullion dilluted in 1/4 cup water

"First I sauteed my onion, garlic, ginger and spices on medium heat. Then I added my eggplant and tomato after a few minutes. I cooked it for a few minutes and then added the broth. Then I simmered it all until the rice was done cooking, I think for 20 minutes. At the end I used my potato masher to mash it all up. It was really good and actually tasted very authentic!!! I served it over the rice. I am definitly going to make this more. Enjoy! Gabbie

"PS. Do you ever go to the webpage www.allrecipes.com? It is pretty extensive and you can search by ingredient so try to make a meal out of what's left in your fridge."

No comments: