Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Elegant Garden Nurseries

Today I went to see Elegant Garden Nurseries in Moorpark, California with my mom.

She's been raving about this nursery for months and now I see why!

So much variety! With 12 acres of plants and landscaping materials, there's no reason to not love it. Also - their prices are cheap but their plants are super healthy. Another plus - kind of rare to see, but they didn't have any black-market cycads. They had good horticultural stock of everything, including Gingers. No greenhouses, but dang - everything that you can think of they have it.

I can't believe how much fun we had riding around in a golf cart with one of the hort guys, roaming from one side of the nursery to another in search of hibiscus and daylilies. We picked up a bromeliad, too! I convinced my mom that a drought-tolerant pink was a good idea for our little hill.

Photos from their image gallery:
http://www.elegantgardenscom.superpageshosting.com/gallery/

No comments: